[rescue] Power Macintosh 6500/275

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Wed Dec 4 21:10:14 CST 2002

On Wed, Dec 04, 2002 at 07:02:04AM -0500, Kevin wrote:

> I bought an Audiomedia card back in 1990 (the first
> one not the II) for my first Mac.  Around $1100 if i
> remember.  Used it with the first version of Studio
> Vision from Opcode.  ahhh memories....

Yeah, I have been planning on putting the card in a PM7100 and putting
Opcode Vision DSP on it.  But, the card didn't come, and the latest rev
of Vision DSP seems to demand a G3 instead of any old PPC.  But I can't
double check that since their page is currently refusing to load.

I had been planning on setting the mac up for multitrack recording, then
setting up a P2 machine with a card that has S/PDIF out to run virtual
synth stuff, of which there is a growing amount of interesting stuff for
linux.

> What's the deal?  Are these things being taken from
> systems by the shipping companies?

The three things were shipped seperately, not part of systems.  And I
don't know what a postal person would want with oddball, high end
(meaning poor for what a common person would want to do) cards.

--
Joshua D. Boyd