[rescue] Re: More EBay stupidity

Robert Novak rnovak at indyramp.com
Fri Aug 30 02:05:02 CDT 2002

On Fri, 30 Aug 2002, Gavin Hubbard wrote:

> Check out the following:
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2049618557
>
> Looks like the seller has scrapped a 400MHz Ultra Enterprise 2. Moron!!

Dunno, I've scrapped a couple... bought twice as many single processor
machines as I needed and doubled them up, and then just set the others
aside with body markers on them.

I'm not sure I understand the animosity toward this guy. Are you really
offended that the chassis isn't being used? Or that the cpu has been
removed without authorization from this list? :) Or just that he won't
ship to NZ?

Not everyone who disassembles a system is a moron. I don't think he's
committed any travesty based on what's in the auction listing. For all you
know the board failed but the cpu was still good. That's certainly not a
crime, is it?

Sigh.

Rob