[rescue] miss me?

Dan Sikorski me at dansikorski.com
Mon Aug 26 23:50:05 CDT 2002

On Mon, 2002-08-26 at 23:17, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> I'd like to say those are apples and oranges, but what do I know?

They are, i was just trying to illustrate that there is a lot more to
woofers than just size.

> Basically, should there be fundamental design differences between the
> 18" used as a woofer in a large speaker assembly, versus the 18" speaker
> used as the sole speaker in a large keyboard/PA amp?

Well, i have to give a short answer here because i don't know the
specifics, but i'm pretty sure the answer is yes.  And in my opinion,
18" woofers are definately NOT the way to go.  Large cones typically
make for sloppy sound, not tight accurate response that you can get with
smaller cones.  Size does not equal loudness by any means.

cc'ing to geeks, this probably should have moved there awhile ago
already.

	-Dan Sikorski