[rescue] miss me?

Tim H. lists at pellucidar.net
Mon Aug 26 22:13:30 CDT 2002

On Mon, 26 Aug 2002 19:11:29 -0700 (PDT)
Lionel Peterson <lionel4287 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> > you said "dear god, that's probably going to be the loudest,
> > sloppiest,
> > most horrendous and stupid sounding idea since the whizzer cone?"
>
> Yes, I did. ;^)
>
> You should have seen the cabinet - it was huge!
>
> Like an 8" voice coil...
>
> I assumed it was designed for nearly sub-audible tones...
>
> Lionel

Nope, it isn't sloppy, it just moves large masses of air very
efficiently.  It wasn't designed to be a woofer, it is a subwoofer,
which are mostly non-existant these days.  Most subwoofers are making
noise well up over a hundred Hz., which really is woofer territory.

Tim