[rescue] miss me?

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 26 20:55:05 CDT 2002

--- Kurt Huhn <kurt at k-huhn.com> wrote:
> Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> >
> > Speakers for what purpose?  On a budget, I'm impressed with my
<snip>
> Stereo.  My current stereo speakers suffered 3 years of college life,
> two kids,

For computer/workstation audio, I am very happy with the Cambridge
Audio low-end sattelite system ($40 at Staples) - I got 5 pairs for $20
each on sale... Great in the office, PCs, etc.

I once walked into a speaker shop (hand to god, nothing but raw
speakers, cabinets, books, grill material, etc.) - the owner was
putting together a subwoffer - the biggest F-ing subwoffer I ever saw.

Imagine a 30" woofer.

That is what I said.

I asked how much, bit as I was in full college student garb, he just
smiled and said "a lot".

We had 18" woofers in my school Electronig Music Lab, attached to a
pair of Crown mono amps (100 watts each), and we fed the amps with a
"wall of Moog" modular synth...

Memories... ;^)

Lionel

=====