[rescue] urgent need for Sun Hi-Res monochrome monitor (or repair assist)

Greg A. Woods woods at weird.com
Mon Aug 26 14:47:55 CDT 2002

[ On Monday, August 19, 2002 at 09:46:14 (-0700), Harris, David P. wrote: ]
> Subject: RE: [rescue] urgent need for Sun Hi-Res monochrome monitor (or   re	pair assist)
>
> I have a monochrome 900x1152 that whined and I replaced the flyback
> transformer which fixed the problem.

These hi-res monitors are more sophisticated than that!  ;-)

The HV supply is a little potted can -- there's no visible flyback.  The
horizontal circuts seem completely divorced from the HV supply.

--
								Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098;            <g.a.woods at ieee.org>;           <woods at robohack.ca>