[rescue] Solaris 9 woes

Jody Stephens jodys at helluin.org
Mon Aug 26 11:38:53 CDT 2002

I finally got some solaris 9 cd's off of a friend. After
much travail I finally got it installed on my Sparc20
(1xSM-71, 1XSM-61, 4MB VSIMM). Everything seems to work
fine (and faster too), except that the Xserver will lock
up, but only, it seems, when I use a graphical web browser
(Netscape 4, and Opera 5 both do it). And this is a hard
lock (unlike my usual experience with sun kit) nothing
responds, even a L1-A. Nothing is reported to the logs
(/var/dt/Xerrors, ~/.dt/errorlogs, dmesg, messages, etc.)
as far as I can tell. I have already installed the
reccomended patch cluster. I'm having no luck searching
for an additional patch.

Has anyone else seen a similar behavior? Or have some
advice?

Jody