[rescue] miss me?

Dan Sikorski me at dansikorski.com
Sun Aug 25 23:50:55 CDT 2002

On Sun, 2002-08-25 at 20:38, Chad Fernandez wrote:
> No, unfortunetly, I haven't had the pleasure to see much in the way of
> classic audio hardware.

Klipschorns are not necessarily "classic" (well, depending on how you
mean to use the term).  Klipsch still makes speakers that are based on
thier first lines of speakers.  (a good design several years ago is
still a good design today.)  Look at Klipsch's heritage line.  They
still make Belles, Heresys, Klipschorns, and La Scalas.  I have a set of
their quintet speakers, and i LOVE them.  Also a klipsch powered sub,
and i love that too.

What i want is a pair of La Scalas.  They have incredible sound.  A
friend of mine got a pair for like $20 or something stupid.  (oh...
they're old....  they must be junk).  Wonderful sounding speakers, and
very efficient.  a macimum of 100 watts per channel gives you a maximum
acoutsic output of 121dB SPL.  I've heard them on a semi-crappy amp, and
very impressive sound. (and this was outdoors, too).

Now i gotta find a pair locally on ebay, or maybe get really lucky and
find 'em at a garage sale.

	-Dan Sikorski