[rescue] offtopic monitor Q

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Sun Aug 25 17:05:03 CDT 2002

On Sunday, August 25, 2002, at 05:50 PM, Leslie Connally wrote:
> some monitors have a sliding switch on them that selects eg between 75 ohm
> and 2.2K ohms..  what which whether why ??

   It's a termination switch.  You'll usually want that set to 75ohms.  The
only reason I can think of that might motivate setting to high-impedance
mode is if you wanted to daisy-chain multiple monitors.

        -Dave

--
Dave McGuire                  "I'm willing to sacrifice my ass for the sake
St. Petersburg, FL                      of good food."    -Kurt Huhn