[rescue] miss me?

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Sat Aug 24 23:23:01 CDT 2002

On Sun, Aug 25, 2002 at 12:15:08AM -0400, Kurt Huhn wrote:
> Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> >
> > I'm baaaack.  Who's still awake?
> >

> Me, cracking open a beer.  Just watched Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the
> Ring (dang that's a long title) for the second time, and am
> contemplating what sort of speakers I would like to buy in
> tommorow...

Speakers for what purpose?  On a budget, I'm impressed with my cheap
altec lansing 4 speaker plus sub woofer set.  This won't win any awards,
but it is dirt cheap (I paid $60 something, and that was over a year
ago), sounds decent, and has plenty of volume (I used them outdoors for
a late night movie projected on some sheets with a crowd of about 20,
and I barely cranked the volume knob to get more than enough).

I wish I could do better, but they are the best I own, other than
perhaps my Koss TD-61 headphones.  Someday, I want a nice pair
electrostatic speakers, but I make do with these for now.

--
Joshua D. Boyd