[rescue] Anyone interested in an Challenge XL chassis?

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Fri Aug 23 20:24:40 CDT 2002

On Fri, 23 Aug 2002, Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez wrote:

> We have an ol' Challenge XL which is due to be recycled soon (i.e.
> dumpsterized).

*sigh*, and here I am pining for rackmount SMP SGI goodness.

> We stripped most of the useful bits out of it, but it still has a few
> IP's an memory board and whatnot (surprise package).

So, it lacks the power unit, I/O controllers, and disc cages?

> Anyhow, if anyone wants to come down to Santa Cruz and pick it up please
> let me know asap. At least it would make a nice fridge in someone's
> garage or something.

This stuff is always on in the wrong state for me.  Places around here run
machines until they die.  I know that machine would cost a bundle to crate
up and ship to Texas.

--
Jonathan Patschke
   > Can you SysAdmins tell me what might go on in a typical day?
   Hours of endless frustration punctuated by moments of sheer terror.
                                 --Saul Tannenbaum (in the Monastery)