[rescue] Re: Netras anyone?

Robert Novak rnovak at indyramp.com
Tue Aug 20 22:08:26 CDT 2002

On Tue, 20 Aug 2002, Lionel Peterson wrote:

> Compared with the current low-end servers Sun offers ( Sun Fire V100,
> for example, with 550 MHz CPU, but only 512K cache), this almost seems
> high. For the same $735, I bet you could get a nice U60 system (big
> box, big expansion options!)...

Well, if small space and 64bit PCI are important, this is far more useful
than a V100 (which if memory serves is small space and no PCI) or a U60
(which is PCI but big space). Also, it's scsi and takes two externally
accessible hotplug drives.

I'm planning to put one into a colo soon where I pay per rack unit and
it's a great deal with this critter. I got one a year or so ago for $1100
and will finally put it to some use.

--Rob