[rescue] sun net ray 1

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 18 21:04:38 CDT 2002

--- Barry Fujii <barry at engr.webpipeline.com> wrote:
> i have an opportunity to purchase a sun net ray 1 for 150 bucks,
> i was wondering if the server software was freely available and
> if anyone has had any experience with this beautiful little beastie.

They are $179 *everyday* on ebay it seems, so that price is a little
under market, but not enough to get me interested...

The software is *not* freely available...

> is the little flash card thingie of any real use outside a corporate
> setup?

IIRC it is a smart card, and it certainly could be useful outside of a
corporate setting... But not too much (IMHO).

Lionel

=====
Lionel

HotJobs - Search Thousands of New Jobs