[rescue] looking for used old-school UNIX books

Scott Newell newell at cei.net
Sun Aug 18 17:58:38 CDT 2002

>speaking of algorithims - When I started programming (a million years
>ago!) I got a copy of Donald E. Knuth "Programming" series (about $100

The Art of Computer Programming series, right?

>Great books, highly recommended for those interested in such things...

I figured that they were so well known that no recommendation was needed.
Definitely old-school.

Hey, I glanced through "Code Complete" by Steve McConnell the other day.
Good stuff, not as dated I would have expected.  Surprise, surprise...it's
a MS Press book!

newell