[rescue] how to put a value on a monster ...?

Max Trefonides maxadam at uchicago.edu
Sat Aug 17 22:38:18 CDT 2002

OK, but isn't the value really separate from the shipping?  If I have two buyers, and one offers me $2K, and one offers me $5K but the first buyer is willing to ship it at his cost, but the second wants me to pick up $3,001 of the shipping then it's simple, I sell it for $2K, (and I save on taxes to boot)

In my mind the shipping situation is separate and negotiable.

I also figure that the furthest, (ie.; manatoba), people from Chicago will simply not be interested.

It has a value at both ends of the transaction.  My value is closer to FMV and is based on what it will cost me to sell it: advertising, brokers' fees, etc; the buyers' value is based on what it costs them to acquire it, which traditionally includes shipping.

frankly, I just want someone to offer me $2500 worth of wireless equipment and come get the damn thing.

;)

--
max