[rescue] mmmm power

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Thu Aug 15 17:20:36 CDT 2002

On Thursday, August 15, 2002, at 06:16 PM, Mark Price wrote:
> I remember the feeling when I logged into my first Unix account (I believe
> it was on a Sparcstation 10).  I just got an account on the largest
> big beefy iron server yet:
>
> FSUM2386 No shell program was specified in the user profile.
> ('/bin/sh') is used.
> $ uname
> OS/390
> $ uname -a
> OS/390 AOC2 10.00 O2 9672
>
> One of the mainframe guys gave me access to what they call 'Unix
> services'.  apparently a lot of mainframe processes are run through the
> Unix side now.

   Mmmm, great big balls.  Oh shit, that's a 9672!  Sridhar has one of
those, it almost killed me when it started rolling and pinned me against
the inside of the truck.  Sridhar has to move his own big iron now!

         -Dave

--
Dave McGuire                     "I haven't worn pants in 14 months!"
St. Petersburg, FL                                   -Pete Wargo