[rescue] DNS Client

Barry Fujii barry at engr.webpipeline.com
Wed Aug 14 21:53:40 CDT 2002

On Wed, 2002-08-14 at 19:33, Rick Hamell wrote:
> > rm /etc/.name_service_door
> >
> > that should clear it up after you have your resolv.conf.
> >
> > i have no idea why, but its what i found makes it work. it was some tip
> > from the web...
>
> 	Doesn't seem to help me still. :(
>
> 	Rick
perhaps you could try using nslookup interactively and see if its
actually contacting your dns server.

if you have strace installed, strace and nslookup query and see if you
see anything bizarre. thats how i found the hint about the
name_service_door file.

it sounds dumb, but i made the bonehead mistake of using the wrong ips
in my resolv.conf. only took me about a day to figure out what the
problem was :)