[rescue] Please rescue a rescuer

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Wed Aug 14 18:42:54 CDT 2002

On Wednesday, August 14, 2002, at 12:38 PM, Fogg, James wrote:

> I haven't seen Brian on the list in a while. If you see/talk-to him,
> tell
> him we feel his pain. I'll be thinking of him.
>
> I can't believe this shit with the tech market lately. Good people are
> withering on the vine while pumped-up certified paper-tiger-newbies
> willing
> to work for resume fodder are cluttering the market and taking our jobs.
> Most of us have devoted our lives to being good at this shit and it
> doesn't
> get us anywhere. Pennsylvania, as I've said before, is particularly bad
> and
> I don't know why.

It really angers me when I'm trying to find a job in this market and I
see the tech schools trying to drum up business... "You can have an
exciting career in IT...blah blahde blah."  I'm like we don't need
anymore of those F*ers on the market, we need to hire the displaced
skilled people first.

-Andrew