[rescue] Re: E6000 followup

Gavin Hubbard ghub005 at xtra.co.nz
Wed Aug 14 16:01:42 CDT 2002

<<
On Wed, Aug 14, 2002 at 09:44:55AM -0500, Steven Hill wrote:
> > I checked out the three E3000 machines today. What a let down.
>
> Those systems are still a steal.
>
> If I could afford one right now, I would be harassing you like a
> harassing thing.
>
> > The first had 3 x 250MHz, 2 x 4.2GB, 1GB, CD + tape
> > The second had 2 x 168Mhz, 6 x 2.1GB, 1GB, CD + tape
> > The third had 2 x 168MHz, 6 x 2.1GB, 256MB, CD + tape
>
> These are nice rugged machines. Get 'em. Love 'em.

I fail to see where the problem is.  Or are you saying that since they
are merely slightly faster than anything I own they are inadequate?

--
Joshua D. Boyd

The problem is not the machines, the problem is me. I'd just worked myself
up by assuming that they had to have a better config than the Ultra 2 boxes
I had just picked up (the classic 'bigger chassis' equals 'bigger & better
hardware' fallacy ;-).

Regards,

Gavin