[rescue] Please rescue a rescuer

Brian Dunbar Brian.Dunbar at plexus.com
Wed Aug 14 11:45:30 CDT 2002

-----Original Message-----
From: Fogg, James [mailto:JFogg at vicinity.com]
<snip>
I can't believe this shit with the tech market lately. Good people are
withering on the vine while pumped-up certified paper-tiger-newbies willing
to work for resume fodder are cluttering the market and taking our jobs.
Most of us have devoted our lives to being good at this shit and it doesn't
get us anywhere. Pennsylvania, as I've said before, is particularly bad and
I don't know why.
<snip>

If it helps .. I read recently (The Economist maybe?) that the end of the
slump is in sight, the turn around gonna happen any day now.  Might make me
feel better if I hadn't been hearing that for most of what, a year now?

Went job hunting in Dallas recently.  Folks, they want experience that you
can only get after a decade plus in the industry.  But they SAY, after
listing an amazing amount of skillage required, "2-3 years of experience".
I can only believe they can't or won't pay the salary required for
experience.  I seriously considered wacking 8 years of my resume to see what
would happen.

Luckily (and not to rub it in, honest) I work for an amazing company.  We're
mostly profitable (if not amazingly so) and after wacking my job in Dallas
the CIO offered to relocate me to Wisconsin.  The sh** part is I have to
sell my lovely home in Dallas.  So it goes.

~brian