[rescue] Please rescue a rescuer

Big Endian biggie at 3geeks.org
Wed Aug 14 10:58:18 CDT 2002

On a serious note today we have a fellow rescuer who is in desperate
need of help.  Brian Hechinger was laid off unexpectedly several
months ago and his reserves have run out.  Brian will be evicted from
his house and his bank account will be closed if he can't raise
enough money by this coming Tuesday.  I've personally contributed
$500 to the "Help Brian keep his house Fund".  I'd like to make a
personal appeal to all of you, help rescue our friend Brian.  He has
a volume of stuff for sale including:

A number of Quad R10k 195mhz IP25 boards for Onyx/Challenge
two HIPPI switches
misc DEC 7000 bits
octane.  1x 250Mhz, 384M ram, SI, no disks, missing door, markered up gov
    style: http://www.4amlunch.net/pics/octane
misc alpha and vaxen bits

If there isn't anything on this list that you need/want/etc please
consider making a donation or loan to Brian so that he can get him
self through this difficult time.  He is also accepting job offers in
the DC/Baltimore/Philadelphia region (he lives just outside philly).
Please contact Brian directly about any of this, his email is
wonko at 4amlunch.net.

daniel