[rescue] DNS Client

Greg A. Woods woods at weird.com
Wed Aug 14 03:29:24 CDT 2002

[ On , August 13, 2002 at 21:25:32 (-0700), Barry Fujii wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: [rescue] DNS Client
>
> rm /etc/.name_service_door
>
> that should clear it up after you have your resolv.conf.
>
> i have no idea why, but its what i found makes it work. it was some tip
> from the web...

Ah ha!  Well, that does make a lot of sense given how doors are
apparently implemented.....  Unfortunately that file is not mentioned i
any of what would seem to me to be the relevant manual pages.  Does it
disappear on its own after a reboot if nscd is not restarted?

Coincidentally I think I've always left nscd running and have simply
configured it so it doesn't cache hostnames (mostly because I haven't
trusted other solaris admins not to start it again :-).

--
								Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098;            <g.a.woods at ieee.org>;           <woods at robohack.ca>