[rescue] Re: SPARC IPC - Free to a good home (fwd)

Robert Novak rnovak at indyramp.com
Tue Aug 13 22:52:48 CDT 2002

On Tue, 13 Aug 2002, Lionel Peterson wrote:

> 8 Megs?!?!?!
>
> That is one efficient OS ;^)

If you're patient, you can go smaller.

from ftp://ftp.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/3.1/sparc/INSTALL.sparc

	The minimal configuration requires 4M of RAM and ~60M of disk
	space. To install the entire system requires much more disk space,
	and to run X or compile the system, more RAM is recommended.
	(OpenBSD with 4M of RAM feels like Solaris with 4M of RAM.) Note
	that until you have around 16M of RAM, getting more RAM is more
	important than getting a faster CPU.)  Installation from "ramdisk"
	kernels requires 8M of RAM.

Makes my 80MB SS2 (still stuck with OpenBSd 2.5 I think) seem really buff!

--Rob