[rescue] Re: Sun E6000 followup

ghub005 at xtra.co.nz ghub005 at xtra.co.nz
Tue Aug 13 01:42:10 CDT 2002

Hi Lads

I finally got out to check the Sun gear I've been talking about. Unfortunately I grabbed a serial cable instead of a null-modem so I couldn't fire anything up :rolleyes:

The E6000 is not a 16 way machine. It is in fact an 8-way machine with eight 250MHz/4MB CPUs (501-4836) and 2.5GB of system RAM (10*501-2653). They are housed across five system boards (501-4312). There are two I/O carriers in the back. A DDS drive and CDROM are present but there is no autoloader.

There is a drive array in the bottom of the rack that looks like an updated SPARCstorage array(?) it has 18 x 4.2GB UW-SCSI drives.

There are two Ultra 2 machines. Both are dual 300MHz and have 1GB ram, a 9GB UW drive, an SBUS framebuffer (type not checked), CDROM, and Fast ethernet + SCSI combo SBUS card.

I ran out of time to do a full hardware check on the three E3000 and two Ultra 1 machines. This will come later.

I can probably get everything for around 4500NZD (2250USD). I'm going to get a group buy together if anyone in New Zealand is interested (everything at my cost - except the Ultra 2 machines!!) - please email me off-list.

I will go out again real soon to do a full parts breakdown. I'll post details when this is completed.

Best regards,

Gavin