[rescue] MacOS version 8.6

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Mon Aug 12 20:20:16 CDT 2002

On Mon, Aug 12, 2002 at 06:02:54PM -0700, Lionel Peterson wrote:

> Seriously, copyright laws do expire if not renewed, and if a product is
> truely EOL, the owner will probably not renew the copyright.
>
> *BLAMO* - freeware - right? (Asking, seems right to me, based on my
> "Law & Order" legal studies ;^)
>
> Of course, you will have to wait what, 17 years?

Err, first copyright laws do not expire ever.  Copyrights do expire
though.  17 years is for patents (and that is with the extension I
believe).  I don't remeber what copyrights are exactly.  But at a
minimum for stuff owned by individuals rather than corporations, the
term is at least life of the individual, without even having to register
the copyright.  There are numerous books that explain the intricacies in
lay terms for the benefits of artists and such.

--
Joshua D. Boyd