[rescue] Re: Apple HW Rumors

Robert Novak rnovak at indyramp.com
Mon Aug 12 16:30:46 CDT 2002

On Mon, 12 Aug 2002 vraptor at employees.org wrote:

> I wonder if there are any OS X server/server hardware lists anywhere?
> I'd love to get my hands on an OS X server to play with.

I'm sure there are. There are a few livejournals about osx stuff in
general but they weren't too helpful when I had questions. I mostly bug my
mac dweeb friends, much to their amusement, and I've learned a lot.
Currently pondering whether to buy 10.1 server on ebay or wait for 10.2.

Has anyone done a serial console on an OSX or OSX Server system? I read
that the xserve has a db9 serial port for this purpose. Can other systems
(particularly for me a g3 beige) be commanded from a serial console, or
even better, install from a serial console?

--Rob