[rescue] MacOS version 8.6

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Mon Aug 12 03:43:48 CDT 2002

On Mon, Aug 12, 2002 at 04:28:38AM -0400, Michael Schiller wrote:
> Bill:
> Is 9.1 or 8.6 still current products? If so I just assume buy it from
> apple (they will let me download it from them, right?) I was just
> assuming that because they're not available at the apple online store
> that they weren't selling it anymore.

9.1 (and/or 9.2) are still "current products" as far as I know; I think
the only macOS you can get for "Free" (without Apple caring) is an old
System 7 they have for download.  Everything newer than that is still
highly copyrighted.  They might not sell it as a current product, but
that wont keep their lawyers at bay.

(this would be like saying "microsoft doesent sell Win98 anymore, so
 we can just copy it and give it to anybody we want..")

I dont care what you guys do between yourselves, please, just dont
discuss it on these lists; I have no desire to have SPA goons show up
at my door...

Bill

--
bill bradford