[rescue] Good day's grabs

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Sun Aug 11 07:22:50 CDT 2002

From: "Bill Bradford" <mrbill at mrbill.net>
> On Sat, Aug 10, 2002 at 09:43:05PM -0400, Kurt Huhn wrote:
> > Sunblade 100, along with a 600Mhz SunPCI card.  "Nobody's using this,
and

> JEEZ!  I've got one of those w/Expert3D-Lite and 512M RAM (15G HD) on my
> desk at work as my main machine (I own it; took it in so I wouldnt have to
> use a Windows box or an old rev1 U5).

I'm currently using a ~500Mhz Intel box with Linux on it.  For some reason
that offends my sensabilities - it shouldn't, but it does.  I'll probably be
much happier with a *real* processor on my desk.

Ugh.....I've become a processor snob.

> > Life is good.  I'll be setting this up on Monday afternoon at some
point.

> Go for Sol9.

Burning CDs today - if I can convince my craptacular Pinnacle Micro burner
to stay alive for ONE MORE DAY!!  Time to go out and buy a new one, I think.
Comments on SCSI burners?  Say I wanted to hook one up to my Octane (not to
boot or install an OS, just to burn) any special considerations I have to
lok out for?

Kurt
kurt at k-huhn.com