[rescue] Re: Good day's grabs

Robert Novak rnovak at indyramp.com
Sat Aug 10 19:49:06 CDT 2002

On Sat, 10 Aug 2002, Dave McGuire wrote:

> > Emulex LP8000 fibre channel card with DB9 GBIC (great for the fiber shelf
> > I've got coming), $5.
>
>    Another sweet deal!  These cards are *fast*, and worth a hell of a
> lot more than $5...street price on these is $200-300 now.  I'm running
> one in my Ultra60...Emulex's Solaris drivers seem very good.

Cool. I recognized it enough to know it was something I could use (for the
Netapp FC tray), and the seller didn't recognize it enough. I didn't
haggle with him or anything. :)

I think I have room in the U60 here for it... gonna have the SunPCi, this,
possibly an Intraserver LVD card (or IBM/Mylex Extremeraid if there's
Solaris 9 support for it... doubt it... haven't looked yet) and two m3
frame buffers. Mmm, space heater :)

--Rob