[rescue] Good day's grabs

Robert Novak rnovak at indyramp.com
Sat Aug 10 17:29:21 CDT 2002

Today was a pretty good day at Foothill. I only sold one rackmount case,
but I got some neat stuff.

SunPCI 600MHz coprocessor, no RAM, $20.

Four PCI SC FDDI cards. Part is 50-22498-01, which looks from google to be
DAS but there's only one SC connector. The back plate says DEFPA-AA or
DEFPA-AB (two of each it seems). Need to figure out driver support for
this (Solaris/SPARC? Tru64 must be supported).  $2.50 each.

Cisco Sbus big-ass-connector FDDI card, $15

Emulex LP8000 fibre channel card with DB9 GBIC (great for the fiber shelf
I've got coming), $5.

coupla 2940UW cards, $5

Apple G3/266 desktop with some sort of 128bit graphics card, 256MB RAM,
cdrom, zip, osx on the hard drive. Paid $250. Probably the "fairest" of
the prices I got, as this looks close to what they're going for on ebay.
But there's no shipping and it's a vendor I see twice a month anyway, so
I'm happy. Time to look for OSX server.

Whee. Toys. And I got my Sierra Wireless Aircard today, converted my
Omnisky/Earthlink Wireless account to it, and can now browse ebay from my
jornada. Whee. (and yes, it's the better aircard 300)

Rob