[rescue] WTB: OpenBoot 2.x for IPC (for DSBE/S compatability)

Harri Haataja harri.haataja at cs.helsinki.fi
Sat Aug 10 06:22:16 CDT 2002

On Sat, Aug 10, 2002 at 01:47:37AM +0200, Carl-Johan Schenstrom wrote:
> Of course. Thanks for pointing out what should have been obvious! =) Now
> I'll just have to find someone who can burn the PROMs for me, or even get
> a burner myself. Any recommendations on the latter (h/w, s/w etc)?

I've had a HP 7570 (IIRC, it's not with me right now, someone borrowed
it) and it had a little model flaw. I think it was some axles greased in
a wrong way or such. The result would be that after a while it didn't
read or write anymore. After a while struggling with the helpline (Who
demand you use windos!) I did get it replaced and that one has run since
(what, 2.5years?) without problems. I use cdrecord.

People say good things about Plextor writers and SCSI is more likely to
be interesting. Putting one on an Aix box opens a few possibilities as
well.