[rescue] FedEx Ground

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Aug 9 11:38:19 CDT 2002

~ In the small Maine town I lived in for years, I often received mail
~ addressed to
~
~ Steve Sandau
~ Town
~
~ and several times as
~
~ Steve Sandau
~ across from the fire station
~ Bowdoinham, Maine
~
~ There really is nothing like small-town life. :)
~
~ --
~ Steve Sandau
~ IS Technician
~ TMA Bath, Maine

In my town in New Hampshire they rely more on names. When I moved in I
visited the post office and they didn't understand my address (the road had
no name until last month). They asked "who did you buy the house from?".
When I asked what do I use for an address they said "just use your name,
town and zip code".

And we have no traffic lights and 2 paved roads. There are lakes in this
area with mailboxes at the end of peoples docks. They water-mail to serve
some islands. There's a reason On Golden Pond was filmed a few miles from
here.

I love Northern New England.