[rescue] Update [was: Calling HP Laserjet experts]

Scott Newell newell at cei.net
Fri Aug 9 08:54:32 CDT 2002

>> Surely someone's got a spare jet direct card for cheap, or I can
>> (maybe?) snipe one off ebay.
>
>Problem is, that jet direct card still works in many HP printers worth
>well north of $100 :^(

No problem...a fellow rescuer set me up, and I now have the winblows
machines printing to it with no parallel cable in sight!

Can't decide if I want to try and find a postscript simm, or just load it
up with memory.  With PS, max memory would be 26 MB, without PS, 34 MB.

Deadline for UPS to pick up the damaged printer was yesterday...no show, so
I guess I can start stripping it, or attempt a repair, if I want...

newell