[rescue] Re: coffee

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at bfr.co.il
Thu Aug 8 08:43:57 CDT 2002

William Enestvedt wrote:

> P.S. It's a sack that's a little bulkier than the new baby himself; I spent
> half an hour last night just grinding up a couple of pounds to get started.
> The beans were roasted the morning they shipped, so they positively shone
> with flavorful coffee goodness: total caffeine-addict beverage pr0n.

But the fact that they were shipped and not used immediately means that
they've already lost flavor and are sliding down that slippery slope
that makes them taste like pencil grounds. :-(

Try roasting your own. Google will yield thousands of sites that sell
sofisticated gadgets to roast coffee, and a few usefull sites that tell
you how to do it with stuff you already have in kitchen.

If you're carefull about cleaning it, a kitchen blender makes a good coffee
grinder.

> --
> Will Enestvedt
> UNIX System Administrator
> Johnson & Wales University -- Providence, RI

Isn't J&W that famous cooking school?

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson
Bloomberg L.P., BFM (Israel) 2 hours ahead of London, 7 hours ahead of New York.