[rescue] KALPANA EtherSwitch EPS-1500

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Thu Aug 8 01:26:05 CDT 2002

On Thu, Aug 08, 2002 at 01:11:30AM -0500, Shawn Wallbridge wrote:
> SWITCH KALPANA EtherSwitch EPS-1500 w/15 cards (full) 10base5/T SUN,
> supposedly works with Sun systems only, or needs Sun for management? no rack
> mount brackets.
> I did some googling, but I can't really find much about it (I did find a
> post from MrBill saying he had one). I assume it's just a switch, but is
> their anything special about it?

That may be the Kalpana switch w/custom firmware that Sun sold to use with
their "SPARCcluster" systems (basically a multi-CPU NFS server).

> What's it worth?

Not much.  I've got one still in my garage in the box you can have for
cost of shipping.  They're loud, noisy, large, loud, noisy, and only do
10baseT if you have the right cards...  I gave my -1500 and my -2503RS
away, I think...

Bill

--
bill bradford