[rescue] Shooting yourself in the foot....

Mike Hebel nimitz at owc.net
Thu Aug 8 01:13:41 CDT 2002

> Another thing that bugs me - I think it was a really bad idea for
> "mv" to also rename files. Ever accidently mistype a destination
> directory, and end up moving your file to the directory above the
> destination, with a weird typo name? Ever do it in a loop in a shell
> script, and wipe out every file but the last one?

*raises hand*

Just got rid of my Mozilla mail just recently.  Moving everything by
hand to organize the crap on my server drive so I could archive it to CD
or tape and I wasn't paying attention.  Somehow I managed to move my
MozillaMail directory on top of my KDE desktop directory and bork both.
Still kicking myself...

Mike Hebel