[rescue] Sun Ray 1 - Cards? Thoughts?

jwbirdsa at picarefy.com jwbirdsa at picarefy.com
Wed Aug 7 20:12:48 CDT 2002

   I have a couple of WAP11 units which I have operated in wireless
bridge mode. If your config utility/firmware is recent enough (I have
1.7b and 1.4f.5, respectively), you can go to the Advanced tab, click
on Operation Mode, and you'll get a dialog box which lets you put it into
one of three modes: Access Point, Wireless Bridge Point to Point, or
Wireless Bridge Point to Multipoint. If you have a pair of them which are
in PtP mode with each other, or PtMP, then you effectively have an
invisible ethernet cable strung between them, they are completely transparent.
Note that both have to be in bridge mode -- you can't have one acting
as an access point and bridge another from it, and when they're in
bridge mode they only talk to other units in bridge mode and do not act
as access points. So it's not an ideal solution but if you can afford the
extra hardware that may be required, it does work.

   --James B.