[rescue] An interesting error message

Tim H. lists at pellucidar.net
Wed Aug 7 18:37:39 CDT 2002

On Wed, 07 Aug 2002 09:06:20 -0400
Kurt Huhn <kurt at k-huhn.com> wrote:

> All the time - usually a bad CDROM drive is the culprit.  It's not
> central to Sun either, SGIs display the same behavior when hooked to a
>
> bad SCSI device.

In both the Sun and SGI "bad SCSI device" may be as interpreted by the
manufacturer, I know certain models of both brands can be very fussy
about compliance to wierd or archane scsi specs.  The Indigo is a
nuisance, and my I2 tends to give me errors with my Plextor 32x, which I
know is a good drive.  I think the Sun issue is primarily the block size
problem, but the result is drives that will work won't necessarily boot.

Tim