[rescue] FedEx Ground

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Wed Aug 7 10:30:48 CDT 2002

On Wed, Aug 07, 2002 at 08:57:48AM -0400, William Enestvedt wrote:
>    Two days ago Airborne Express just dropped off a package on my front lawn
> that contained the registration paperwork for for my (pre-paid!) Apple
> Warranty extension. So I would have been out $150 (and the cost of _paying
> for_ my iMac's crummy video board) if someone hadn't pointed out the package
> to us.

I've never had a problem with Airborne until a couple of days ago, when their
web site said "Package Delivered: 11:36am" , but there was no package when I
got home.

Called Airborne, they called the local station, who talked to the driver.
Driver realized he'd left the package at my street number on <streetname> Bend,
instead of <streetname> Circle; the houses are about three blocks apart from
each other.

The driver went back out, in his personal car, got the package from where he'd
mis-delivered it, and brought it to my house, at 8:30pm at night.

Thats customer service for you.

Bill

--
bill bradford