[rescue] OT Solaris display config Q

Leslie Connally lesliec at theplanet.com
Wed Aug 7 10:16:37 CDT 2002

this is off topic, but I think someone here knows the answer. we can do
this off-line as well

I playing with a sun box (u30) as a desktop machine, and well, the
desktop.. the entire gestalt of the onscreen display seems crappy.. this in
comparison to a mac. the solaris seems horribly harsh & contrasty. Bill?
Joshua? any hints. sure I can flatten out the monitor settings, but does
Solaris have a gamma settting? and does it realy have to be either/or on
the 'colors for desktup' - 'colors for apps'?

again, OT so lets do this offline

Les
lesliec at theplanet.com