[rescue] Sun Ray 1 - Cards? Thoughts?

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Wed Aug 7 09:14:19 CDT 2002

On Wed, Aug 07, 2002 at 10:03:05AM -0400, George Adkins wrote:
> > > subtitles for. Thick cockney accents, and all the rhyming slang that
> > > can fit in your loaf.
> >
> > I thought the only part of either film that could possibly have needed
> > subtitles would have been the pikeys.  And even that wasn't that bad.
>
> Pikeys?

That is what they refer to gypsies as in the movie.  Never heard it
used elsewhere though.  Exactly to what extent does england have
gypsies like that anyway?  And why do we tend to think of gypsies in
england more than we do of them in other parts of europe (you know,
where they can be more properly nomadic).

--
Joshua D. Boyd