[rescue] ipfilter

Michael Schiller schiller at agrijag.com
Wed Aug 7 01:40:59 CDT 2002

Hi All.

I've got ipfilter 3.4 installed on my LX. It's got 2 interfaces, bf0
which is FDDI connection to my local network (192.168.1.0) and le0 which
is connected to a cablemodem using DHCP (and dynamically assigned IP).
I've read thru all the example files that come with ipfilter, as well as
a few of the ones folks have posted here, but I'm still baffled. Can
somebody show me what the ipf.rules and/or ipnat.rules files would have
to look like to enable NAT & minimal firewalling? Thanks.

As a side note, this is currently just something I'd trying to setup for
the heck of it. My main connection is still via a linksys cable modem on
192.168.1.1 while the IP of the LX is (on the local net) 192.168.1.8 I
know with Solaris you can have more than one default router in the
/etc/defaultrouter file, but how would that work, would the machine
always use the first one listed, unless it couldn't reach it for some
reason, then fall back to the second router listed? Again, any info will
be appreciated.

--
-Mike