[rescue] FDDI cards... Re: U30--thanks

Robert Novak rnovak at indyramp.com
Tue Aug 6 22:55:27 CDT 2002

On Tue, 6 Aug 2002, Joshua D Boyd wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 06, 2002 at 10:35:18PM -0500, Eric Dittman wrote:
> > > OK.  PCI FDDI adapters will run you from $1 (for some sun PCI cards
> > > that are only 32bit, and close on ebay in an hour with no bids so
> >
> > I've seen those PCI FDDI cards on eBay, but the information I've
> > found doesn't say whether they'd work with Solaris 8/9 or not.
>
> I wouldn't have imagined that Sun badge PCI FDDI cards might not work
> on Solaris 8 or 9.  But I guess anything is possible.

I see a lot of non-Sun-badged PCI FDDI cards up, and the driver on the
manufacturer's web site (www.pt.com) doesn't specify more specifically
than "Solaris 2.x" ... Are you talking about the ones from IMS Recycling,
or something else? I did a search for "sun pci fddi" and got a bunch of
theirs.

--Rob