[rescue] U30--thanks

Eric Dittman dittman at dittman.net
Tue Aug 6 22:35:18 CDT 2002

> OK.  PCI FDDI adapters will run you from $1 (for some sun PCI cards
> that are only 32bit, and close on ebay in an hour with no bids so
> far), to $35 for DEC DEFPA cards (the most widely supported,
> solaris/sparc support unknown,  but definately good for just about any
> other machine you might have), to what ever the syskonect cards cost.
> I see an official sun one for $200, but I believe the non official
> ones are far cheap, like sub $100.  Dave could give you the details.
> Frankly, other than coolness, I'm not sure that 64/66 PCI gets you
> anything here, other than perhaps lightening the load on the rest of
> the bus somehow.

I've seen those PCI FDDI cards on eBay, but the information I've
found doesn't say whether they'd work with Solaris 8/9 or not.

I've got an NPI PCI FDDI card that I can't find any information
on that I've been meaning to try in my AXi.  It's a guess since
the Sun SBUS FDDI cards I have are NPI cards.
--
Eric Dittman
dittman at dittman.net