[rescue] FedEx Ground

Eric Dittman dittman at dittman.net
Tue Aug 6 22:25:09 CDT 2002

I was sitting on the bed, watching a DVD on the laptop when
I heard a truck outside pull up, followed by a noise on the
porch, then the sound of the truck leaving.  At 10:10PM,
FedEx Ground delivery pulled up, dropped off a big box (two
BA356 Top Gun-blue shelves), then left, without even ringing
the doorbell.

UPS and old-school FedEx at least deliver before 7:00PM and
ring the doorbell, even if they aren't going to wait.  I've
never had FedEx Ground deliver anything before 6:30PM, and
they've never rung the doorbell.  One morning I went out to
get the paper and there was a huge box on the front porch
that had been dropped off the night before that I didn't
know about because they couldn't be bothered to at least
ring to let me know.

The carrier from USPS does something similar.  Most of the
time if a signature is required I'll get the notice in the
box, without an attempt to even see if anyone is home, which
means that I have to go to the post office the next day and
wait in line for no good reason.
--
Eric Dittman
dittman at dittman.net