[rescue] laser fiber drivers (was U30--thanks)

Larry Snyder larrys at lexis-nexis.com
Tue Aug 6 20:58:17 CDT 2002

<preach>
Use a 'TV-remote' test card to see where/if the IR is coming out of the
fiber.  Or a plain white one for visible.  Years ago I caught a
direct shot from a little HeNe (~2 mW).  No long term damage, but it
was weeks before that eye felt normal.  Prior to that I had accidentally
seen an unfiltered welding arc.  Same feeling, itches like crazy and
no place to scratch.  Ya gotta be careful with this stuff.
</preach>

--
There are 10 kinds of people:  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.