[rescue] Long network paths

Michael Schiller schiller at agrijag.com
Tue Aug 6 04:52:35 CDT 2002

Dave McGuire wrote:

>   And lemme tell you...those newer ones from Syskonnect, 64bit 66MHz
> PCI...Those fuckers are FASTER THAN SHIT.  I can take the FDDI ring to
> 99Mbps between two Ultras with those buggers installed and the
> machines don't even feel the bump.  Very, very nice.

Do you mean that if I install one of those cards in my U30 rather than
the Sun FDDI/P card that's currently in it, it'll be faster than it is
(the machine connects to a Syskonnect concentrator), or would that only
be if I had 2 machine both with those cards? (I happen to have a couple
of them around here somewhere)
--
-Mike