[rescue] Re: Re: OH YEA??? [was: Re: Ultra?]

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Mon Aug 5 14:21:47 CDT 2002

On August 4, Chris Hedemark wrote:
> > Yes, thats a 333Mhz CPU with 2M cache.  The 270Mhz CPU has less than that.
> >
> > You should know better than to argue SPARC specs with people here. 8-)
>
> Looking back I see he did mention 270MHz earlier in the message.
>
> I can't speak to the usefulness of that model of U5 as I don't have it.
> I can speak to the usefulness of the 333MHz model with 2MB cache as I
> have that.  Dave's sin was a sin of handpicking the crappiest CPU in the
> lineup, and mine was ignoring that pick and addressing one of the better
> CPU's in the lineup.

  I handpicked the most common U5 CPU.  The vast majority of U5s are
270MHz/256KB cache units, by leaps and bounds.  The fact that you have
a particularly nice one means nothing, other than you've got a half
decent machine.

  Oh, and by the way, your sin was being an ASSHOLE.  At least there's
some consistency in this world.

     -Dave

--
Dave McGuire                     "I haven't worn pants in 14 months!"
St. Petersburg, FL                                   -Pete Wargo