[rescue] Ross sparcplug

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Sun Aug 4 22:29:37 CDT 2002

On Mon, Aug 05, 2002 at 03:07:05PM +1200, Gavin Hubbard wrote:
> I just found what I think is a 166MHz hypersparc powered Ross Sparcplug
> system hidden in an auction catalogue. Anyone ever seen one of these
> before? Google tells me it is a SS20 system that fits into the 5.25" drive
> bay on a PC. Am I the only one who finds this product hilarious?

Good luck getting the support software for it; ROSS went out of business
here in '98.. Local place had about 50 of the SPARCPlugs a couple years
ago, but they stripped them for the MBus CPUs.

ROSS also sold them as "standalone" systems mounted in a two-FH-drive-bay
chassis..

(altho I got some good stuff from the Ross auction - I didnt attend, but
 a local used-office-furniture place did.. and the guy there, who I'm good
 friends with, found some CPUs in a DESK DRAWER.. I got a pair of dual-HS150s
 for $35 each, and this was '98...)

Bill

--
bill bradford