[rescue] FREE: small pile o'IBM/AIX stuff in Baltimore

Rich Kulawiec rsk at magpage.com
Sun Aug 4 17:00:09 CDT 2002

I inheirited this and really don't have any use for it; for that
matter, I'm not even sure what this stuff is, so please forgive
the nebulous nature of the description.

I have 3 IBM boxes that are roughly the same size as Sparc pizza boxes
(though one's about twice as high) and which say things like "PowerPC"
and "N40" on them.  I have 2 full-height 3 1/2" SCSI drives.  I have
about a ten-inch stack of manuals, a box of diagnostic floppy disks,
some kind of add-on software (looks mostly like compilers) on CD, two
keyboards, a monitor (looks like VGA) and whatever else is in the box
I packed the smaller stuff in.  I know that at least some of this was
working when taken out of service this spring; but which?  I dunno.
My guess is that if somebody likes to fiddle with AIX and IBM hardware
that they could probably (at least) use this for spare parts, maybe
make a working system out of it.

I don't have a problem meeting somebody halfway to DC or Philly or
Harrisburg if anybody in those areas is interested.  I need the space. ;-)

---Rsk
Rich Kulawiec
rsk at magpage.com